The week between Christmas and New Years is always weird. Guests are coming and going, you may or may not have to work, and there is always a fun spur of the moment event. That being said, planning any sort of meals can be beyond complicated. I know I am always looking for easy options everyone will love during this week. Crock pot taco chicken always fits the criteria.
Growing up, this recipe was made in the crock pot all the time. Over the years, I tweaked my mom’s recipe and now make this for myself all the time. It makes a lot, and freezes well, so It is the perfect recipe for a large group or meal prepping in advance. It is easy to make a crock pot meal for a large group, but let’s be honest… it is hard to find a crock pot recipe that works when I’m cooking for 1. The taco chicken can be used in so many ways, which lets me share it with a whole crew or eat it every day without getting sick of it. Every time I make it I try to think of another way to eat it! Here are a few of my favorites.
- Rice: over brown rice or with cilantro lime rice
- In a tortilla like a plain old taco ( are my
- current favorite!)
- As a dip for chips, or on chips with some cheese as nachos (Once again, is my current choice)
- Stuff this in a pepper topped with a little cheese and bake as stuffed peppers
- On top of half of an avocado
- Cold and on top of a salad, this is a great way to add in other veggies too! Greens, peppers, onions, cilantro…
- Add some extra chicken broth to eat it as soup
- Add some extra veggies (peppers, onions, etc.) to eat it as a chili
I’m sure I have eaten this in many more ways than that, but those should be a good start for you! This lets you make 1 crock pot meal over the weekend, but still have a big variety in meals for the week! Once prepped, I store it in single serving containers to help with grab and go meals throughout the week.
PS: this is not sponsored by Siete, I just love them a lot. (The flavor chips don’t last 24 hours in my apartment.)